Quality is at the root of my coding philosophy. Specific coding tools come and go, but quality coders with a quality work ethic are always a most valuable asset to a business.
It is my aim to build the highest quality websites and apps attainable today. This can only be achieved by custom-made design and hand-coded development, which I provide for all of my clients.
I enjoy coding; it is a skill that I have honed on my own, and would continue to practice even if I was not paid for it. But since my work is now valued enough to warrant payment, I take it so that I can earn a living doing something I love.
I also enjoy reading, traveling, listening to good music, writing, cooking vegan, swimming and playing chess.
Experience using Git distributed version control system, allowing for the tracking of changes throughout a project's history.
Accessibility and Usability
Knowledge of Web standards and usability evaluation techniques, allowing for the creation of sites that work across multiple browsers and devices, for people of all abilities.
Knowledge of test-driven development techniques, which allow for projects that avoid technical debt, and ensure future updates don't break existing functionality.
CMS and Frameworks
Experience using frameworks Angular 5 and Ionic 3 to build web and mobile apps, and hand-coding custom websites for the CMS platform Wordpress.
Continuous Integration and Deployment
Knowledge of continuous integration and deployment processes, allowing for projects that are built and tested to always be releasable, with every successful build going to production.
Meteorologist for the National Administration of Meteorology
- Bucharest, Romania
- August 2016 - August 2017
My work was predominately operative and consisted of:
• Monitoring the variation of weather over Romanian and European territory.
• Elaborating short and medium range forecasts for Romania and Europe.
• Issuing warnings for hazardous phenomena and extreme weather events.
• Elaborating specialized forecasts for mass media and other customers.
• Using computer programs for archiving observation data and querying databases.
Freelance Web Developer
- Wiesbaden, Germany
- August 2017 - Present
For most projects, my workflow takes the following course:
1) Defining the goal and audience.
2) Planning the content, visual hierarchy, navigation and structure.
3) Sketching ideas for the overall appearance and functionality.
4) Designing and developing in the browser.
5) Testing for cross-crowser compatibility and cross-device responsiveness.
6) Adjusting as necessary. 7) Optimizing for performance and search engine rankings.
8) Launching via a host server.
9) Maintaining with updates.
- Wiesbaden, Germany
- August 2018 - Present
As Teaching Assistant for some of the top quality web development courses on Udemy (those of Jonas Schmedtmann), I fulfill the following tasks:
- Stay well-informed on the topics that I help teach so as to be able to provide well-reasoned answers.
- Help students with their project assignments and some extra credit challenges by debugging code, solving problems and suggesting approaches that they are unable to figure out on their own.
- Keep my problem-solving skills in good shape so as to be able to efficiently dissolve the frustration of students with code problems.
As a side-effect of the daily demands of my position, I am skilled well above the average Udemy graduate and able to quickly tutor juniors into shape.
Bachelor of Science in Atmospheric Science (BS)
- University of Bucharest
- 2013 - 2016
I have a broad spectrum interest in the natural world, so a college that combines many fields of knowledge seemed to be an appropriate choice for my education. It did teach me how to find information that I am looking for, and how to integrate it into a coherent whole.
Since before college, I had an interest in computer science sparked by my desire to understand certain computation-theoretic models of physics. This had promted me to take several computer science crash courses, and read a couple of related books.
During college, I found interest in the graphics software GIS, Geographic Information System, and in the last year of college I attempted my first coding project, for which I was not yet prepared. The challenge it provided led me to learn and grow fond of Web Development.
- 2017 - Present
Learning to code was a highly positive time in my life, and allowed me to gain a wealth of web development skills, in addition to learning project management, planning and research techniques. Among the courses taken, I particularly enjoyed:
- Advanced CSS & Sass - Flexbox, Grid, Animations and More!, which felt like drinking true, quality, well-aged CSS wine, with a fancy flex-box of fine Sass-chocolates, and the bezstier Grid-e oranges.
- Git a Web Developer Job - Mastering The Modern Workflow, which brought me up to date with the best tools and practices of modern web development, including Git, modular file architecture, Gulp, automation builds, and Webpack 4.
- Angular Ultimate Package, which covered in-depth the Angular Framework, NGRX State Management and TypeScript, and helped vastly improve my frontend development skills.
ralucaneferu.com is an online art gallery to exhibit the artwork of a gifted artist. It was built to encourage a budding artist to share her beauty with the world. That artist is now my wife; it looks like someone was impressed with it ;).
You can view source on GitHub. The readme provides additional information.